Accident Scene Management: A One Day Course
It’s crucial that management arrange for somebody to take charge of the accident scene in the immediate aftermath of an incident. But will the nominated manager understand what needs to be done and how to do it?
This specially written 1-day course is designed to meet the needs of anyone who may have to take initial responsibility after an industrial accident has taken place. During the day you will learn:
- How the “reverse burden of proof” as laid down in the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 can mean you having to prove your innocence
- How to identify different types of evidence.
- How to collect critical evidence.
- How to preserve evidence.
- How to manage the incident scene.
- How to lay the foundations of a legal defence.
- Key points about legal issues such as the RIDDOR Regulations 2013; prosecution of senior managers/ directors under section 37 Health & Safety at Work Act 1974; the employer’s duty of care; and corporate manslaughter.
Please feel free to contact us on 0208 242 6241 for further details, and to discuss how this valuable training course could be tailored to meet the specific needs of your management team.