Andy Farrall, the founder of Management & Safety Training Ltd, is a highly experienced international consultant and trainer. Previously an examiner for NEBOSH, he holds a wide range of formal qualifications across the health & safety, accident investigation, audit and training sectors.
Following a varied career, which included working with two elite UK law enforcement agencies and spending twelve years as an ambulance service emergency medical technician, he began his health & safety career in 2005.
His professional qualifications are as follows:
- Fellow of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (FIIRSM)
- Chartered safety & health practitioner (CMIOSH)
- Member of the Institute of Industrial Accident Investigators (MIIAI)
- Member of the Institute of Leadership (MIoL)
- Accredited member of the UK Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).
Landmarks in his health & safety career include (in no particular order):
- Being asked to join the European School of Risk Management (based in Warsaw) as an associate lecturer
- Appearing in 2022 as a guest speaker at the IXth International Scientific and Practical Conference on Health & Safety (hosted online from Ukraine)
- Conducting an investigation, on behalf of Defence Counsel, into the safety management failures surrounding a building collapse in London which resulted in serious injuries
- Writing a managers’ guide to “Investigative Interviewing”
- Being commissioned to develop and present a number of specialist decision-making courses for officers and paramedics in the Irish National Ambulance Service
- Working with the IPI Academy to write and present a series of 1/2-day and 1-day webinars on safety management for directors and senior managers. Dates have been agreed with them through 2023 and 2024
- Writing and presenting a specialist safety management course for senior personnel in the gas industry
- Writing and presenting webinars on a range of safety management topics to professional safety management groups in Europe, Egypt and Qatar. For example: