Andy Farrall, the founder of Management & Safety Training Ltd, is a highly experienced consultant and trainer. He is accredited with both NEBOSH and IOSH as a tutor for their advanced health & safety training courses, and holds formal qualifications across the health & safety, accident investigation and training sectors.
He is a Fellow of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (FIIRSM), a chartered safety & health practitioner (CMIOSH), a member of the Institute of Industrial Accident Investigators (MIIAI), a member of the Institute for Leadership & Management (MInstLM) and an accredited member of the UK Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).
Following a varied career in public service areas, working first as an emergency medical technician with the NHS Ambulance Service and then as a specialist investigator with two élite UK law enforcement agencies, he started his career in health & safety in 2005. This move into the health & safety sector has involved him in numerous training/ consultancy projects including in particular:
- Conducting a high level safety review on behalf of the Royal Automobile Club (RAC)
- Investigating a near-fatal construction accident in which a worker was crushed and severely injured by a reversing 9.7 tonne telehandler unit
- Conducting a forensic investigation on behalf of defence counsel into the safety management failures behind a major building collapse in central London
- Working on behalf of a client, providing safety advice regarding outside broadcast/ location filming projects to a number of television production companies
- Writing and developing a strategic decision course for senior managers in the care sector
- Writing and developing a specialist course for directors/ senior managers/ HR specialists on the psychology and techniques of investigative interviewing
- Successfully delivering a range of accredited IOSH, HABC and NEBOSH h&s courses